Skyrocketing global demand for petroleum & gas has driven aggressive efforts in exploration, transportation and environmental safety, resulting in greater demand for tubular products.
A newly developed and patented technology improves the induction heating process used to produce consistent properties to these products. For example: Correct and precise heat treatment of tube ends in well bore casings is essential to prevent leakage catastrophes into ground water aquifers and deep sea drilling environments.
IROSS™ Pipe-End Heating Units are designed specifically for heating a variety of tubular products. These systems utilize patented Fluxmanager® induction heat treatment technology that yields superior temperature uniformity compared to conventional medium frequency designs.
Preheat for welding & swaging • Hardening • Annealing
- Normalizing • Removal and cure of coatings
- Friction weld and swage stress relieving
Fluxmanager® Induction Heat Treatment Features / Benefits:
- Deep and uniform temperature distribution, ID/OD, laterally, and longitudinally along extended lengths of pipe ends
- Achieves uniformity requirement ΔT = +/- 25oC, even when tubes are non-central
- Meets or exceeds API tube & pipe specifications
- Flexible: 4 coil diameters cover all OCTG pipe sizes
- Modular: Robust and unitized system
- Infrared and thermal image monitoring options
- Data logging capability for traceability
- Shaped flux concentrator for increased efficiency
- Deionized water NOT required
- Versatile: 50 or 60Hz / 350 – 600VAC input
- Low Cost & easy to maintain
Thermal image, shows advanced temperature control for AISI 8630 Modified tube.
- 194 mm dia. – 19 mm wall
- Heat length 381 mm
- 93 sec. 6ºC range observed.
Each application is validated separately due to different thickness, length and temperature requirements.